|THE EAST PUNJAB URBAN RENT RESTRICTION (AMENDMENT) ACT, 1966|
THE EAST PUNJAB URBAN RENT RESTRICTION (AMENDMENT) ACT, 1966
[Act No. 6 of 1966.]
[April 7, 1966]
An Act to amend the East Punjab Urban Rent Restriction Act, 1949.
Be it enacted by the Legislature of the State of Punjab in the Seventeenth Year of the Republic of India as follows :-
Section 1 - Short title
This Act may be called the East Punjab Urban Rent Restriction (Amendment) Act, 1966.
Section 2 - Amendment of section 13 of Punjab Act 3 of 1949
In section 13 of the East Punjab Urban Rent Restriction (Amendment) Act, 1949,-
(1) in sub-section (3),-
(a) after sub-paragraph (i) of paragraph (a), the following sub- paragraph shall be inserted, namely :-
"(i-a) in the case of a residential building, if the landlord is a member of the armed forces of the Union of India and requires it for the occupation of his family and if he produces a certificate of the prescribed authority, referred to in section 7 of the Indian Soldiers (Litigation) Act, 1925, that he is serving under serving under special conditions within the meaning of section 3 of that Act.
Explanation.- For the purposes of this sub-paragraph -
(1) the certificate of the prescribed authority shall be conclusive evidence that the landlord is serving under special conditions; and
(2) "family" means such relations of the landlord as ordinarily live with him and are dependent upon him;"
(b) in the first proviso to paragraph (a), for the words "shall not be entitled," the words "shall not, except under sub-paragraph (i-a), be entitled" shall be substituted; and
(c) after paragraph (b), the following new paragraph shall be added, namely :-
"(c) where an application is made under sub-paragraph (i-a) of paragraph (a), it shall be disposed of, as far as may be, within a period of one month and if the claim of the landlord is accepted, the Controller shall make an order directing the tenant to put the landlord in possession of the building on a date to be specified in the order and such date shall not be later than fifteen days from the date of the order"; and
(2) in sub-section (4), for the words "does not himself occupy it or, if possession," the words "does not himself occupy it or, it possession was obtained by him for his family in pursuance of an order under sub-paragraph (i-a) of paragraph (a) of sub-section (3), his family does not occupy the residential building, or, if possession" shall be substituted.
Section 3 - Repeal
(1) The East Punjab Urban Rent Restriction (Amendment) Ordinance, 1966 (Punjab Ordinance No. 2 of 1966), is hereby repealed.
(2) Notwithstanding such repeal, anything done or any action taken under the East Punjab Urban Rent Restriction (Amendment) Ordinance, 1966, shall be deemed to have been done or taken under this Act as if this Act had commenced on the 13th January, 1966.
|Punjab State Acts|