|TAMIL NADU PANCHAYATS (FOURTH AMENDMENT) ACT, 2005|
T.N. ACT NO.19/2005
TAMIL NADU PANCHAYATS (FOURTH AMENDMENT) ACT, 2005
(Received the assent of the President on the October 13, 2005 " Published in Tamil Nadu Government Gazette, Extraordinary, Part IV, Section 2, Iss. No.224, page 111, dated October 14,2005).
An Act further to amend the
Tamil Nadu Panchayats Act, 1994.
Be it enacted by the Legislative Assembly of the State of Tamil Nadu in the Fifty-sixth Year of the Republic of India as follows:"
1. Short title and commencement." (1) This Act may be called the
Tamil Nadu Panchayats (Fourth Amendment) Act, 2005.
(2) It shall be deemed to have come into force on the 2nd day of September 2005.
2. Amendment of Section 9-B." In Section 9-B of the Tamil Nadu Panchayats Act, 1994 (Tamil Nadu Act 21 of 1994) (hereinafter referred to as the principal Act), in sub-section (2). for the words "six months", the words "twelve months" shall be
3. Amendment of Section 18-B." In Section 18-B of the principal Act, in sub-section (2). for the words "six months", the words "twelve months" shall be
4. Repeal and saving."
(1)The Tamil Nadu Panchayats (Fourth Amendment) Ordinance, 2005 (Tamil Nadu Ordinance 7 of 2005) is hereby repealed.
(2) Notwithstanding such repeal, anything done or any action taken under the principal Act, as amended by the said Ordinance, shall be deemed to have been done or taken under the principal Act, as amended by this Act.
|Tamil Nadu State Acts|