|TAMIL NADU PANCHAYATS (SECOND AMENDMENT) ACT, 2005|
T.N. ACT NO.15/2005
TAMIL NADU PANCHAYATS (SECOND AMENDMENT) ACT, 2005
(Received the assent of the Governor on the 12th October, 2005 " Published in Tamil Nadu Government Gazette, Extraordinary, Part IV, Section 2, Iss. No.222, page 97, dated October 13,2005).
An Act further to amend the Tamil Nadu Panchayats Act, 1994.
Be it enacted by the Legislative Assembly of the State of Tamil Nadu in the Fifty-sixth Year of the Republic of India as follows:"
1. Short title and commencement. " (1) This Act may be called the
Tamil Nadu Panchayats (Second Amendement) Act, 2005.
(2) It shall be deemed to have come into force on the 13th day of July 2005.
2. Amendment of Section 239. " In Section 239 of the Tamil Nadu Panchayats Act, 1994 (Tamil Nadu Act 21 of 1994) (hereinafter referred to as principal Act), in sub-section (2), in clause (b),"
(a) the expression
"for two successive terms"shall be
(b) the provisos shall be
3. Repeal and saving." (1) The Tamil Nadu Panchayats (Second Amendment) Ordinance, 2005 (Tamil Nadu Ordinance 2 of 2005) is hereby repealed.
(2) Notwithstanding such repeal, anything done or any action taken under the principal Act, as amended by the said Ordinance, shall be deemed to have been done or taken under the principal Act, as amended by this Act.
|Tamil Nadu State Acts|