1[35A. Supersession of Board of Directors in certain cases.-
(1) Where the Reserve Bank, on the recommendation of the State Bank is satisfied that in the public interest or for preventing the affairs of a subsidiary bank being conducted in a manner detrimental to the interest, of the depositors or the subsidiary bank or for securing the proper management of the subsidiary bank, it is necessary so to do, the Reserve Bank may, for reasons to be recorded in writing, by order, supersede the Board of Directors of the subsidiary bank for a period not exceeding six months as may be specified in the order:
Provided that the period of supersession of the Board of Directors may be extended from time to time, so, however, that the total period shall not exceed twelve months.
(2) The Reserve Bank may, on supersession of the Board of Directors of the subsidiary bank under sub-section (1), appoint, for such period as it may determine, an Administrator (not being an officer of the Central Government or a State Government) who has experience in law, finance, banking, economics or accountancy.
(3) The Reserve Bank may issue such directions to the Administrator as it may deem appropriate and the Administrator shall be bound to follow such directions.
(4) Upon making the order of supersession of the Board of Directors of the subsidiary bank, notwithstanding anything contained in this Act,--
(a) the chairman, managing director and other directors shall, as from the date of supersession, vacate their offices as such;
(b) all the powers, functions and duties which may, by or under this Act, or any other law for the time being in force, be exercised and discharged by or on behalf of the Board of Directors of such subsidiary bank, or by a resolution passed in general meeting of the subsidiary bank, shall, until the Board of Directors of the subsidiary bank is reconstituted, be exercised and discharged by the Administrator appointed by the Reserve Bank under sub-section (2):
Provided that the power exercised by the Administrator shall be valid notwithstanding that such power is exercisable by a resolution passed in the general meeting of the subsidiary bank.
(5) The Reserve Bank may constitute a committee of three or more persons who have experience in law, finance, banking, economics or accountancy to assist the Administrator in the discharge of his duties.
(6) The committee referred to in sub-section (5) shall meet at such times and places and observe such rules of procedure as may be specified by the Reserve Bank.
(7) The salary and allowances payable to the Administrator and the members of the Committee constituted under sub-section (5) by the Reserve Bank shall be such as may be specified by the Reserve Bank and be payable by the concerned subsidiary bank.
(8) On and before the expiration of two months before expiry of the period of supersession of the Board of Directors as specified in the order issued under sub-section (1), the Administrator of the subsidiary bank, shall call the general meeting of the subsidiary bank to elect new directors and reconstitute its Board of Directors.
(9) Notwithstanding anything contained in any other law or in any contract, the memorandum or articles of association, no person shall be entitled to claim any compensation for the loss or termination of his office.
(10) The Administrator appointed under sub-section (2) shall vacate office immediately after the Board of Directors of the subsidiary bank has been reconstituted.