(1) This Act may be called the 1 [Karnataka] Traffic Control Act, 1960.
(2) It applies to the whole of the 1 [State of Karnataka].
(3) (i) It shall come into force on such 2 [date] as the State Government may, by notification, appoint.
(ii) If in any area, the 1 [Karnataka] Public Conveyances Act, 1959, is in force, the provisions of Chapter IV of this Act and the rules made thereunder, corresponding to the provisions of the 1 [Karnataka] Public Conveyances Act, 1959, and the rules made thereunder, shall not apply to such area, and save as aforesaid the provisions of this Act shall have effect in such area.
1. Adapted by the Karnataka adoptation of laws order 1973 w.e.f. 01.11.1973.
2. Act came into force on 15.8.1979 vide notification No. HD 53 TMR 76 dated 2.8.1979.