(Prayer: Petition is filed under Article 226 of the Constitution of India, to issue a Writ of Mandamus directing the respondent to consider and disposal of the application of the petitioner dated 23.06.2011 within a stipulated time as may be fixed by this Court.)
1. The petitioner seeks for a Mandamus directing the first respondent to consider and disposal of his application dated 23.06.2011 within a stipulated time as may be fixed by this Court.
2. Heard Mr.T.A.Abenezer, learned counsel appearing for the petitioner as well as Mr.K.Guru, learned Additional Government Pleader appearing for the first respondent.
3. The learned counsel appearing for the petitioner would submit that it would suffice if the representation of the petitioner is disposed of, by the first respondent, on merits and in accordance with law within the time stipulated by this Court.
4. In view of the above, without going into the merits of the claim made by the petitioner in this Writ Petition, the first respondent is directed to pass appropriate orders on the representation of the petitioner, dated 23.06.2011, on merits and in accordance with law, after giving notice to second respondent and interested parties, if any, within a period of eight weeks from the date of receipt of a copy of this order.
5. With the above direction, this Writ Petition stands disposed of. No costs.