(Prayer in all Wps: Petitions are filed under Article 226 of the Constitution of India, to issue a Writ of Mandamus directing the first respondent to issue patta in favour of the petitioners herein in respect of the lands enjoyed by the petitioner respectively in S.No.280 in Megamalai Village, Andipatti Taluk, Theni District.)
1. In all the writ petitions, the petitioner seeks for a Mandamus directing the first respondent/District Collector, Theni District to issue patta in favour of them in respect of the lands enjoyed by them respectively in S.No.280 in Megamalai Village, Andipatti Taluk, Theni District.
2. Heard Mr.G.R.Swaminathan, learned counsel appearing for the petitioners as well as Mr.K.Guru, learned Additional Government Pleader appearing for the respondents.
3. The learned counsel appearing for the petitioners would submit that it would suffice if the representations of the petitioners are disposed of, by the first respondent, on merits and in accordance with law within the time stipulated by this Court.
4. In view of the above, without going into the merits of the claim made by the petitioner in this Writ Petition, the first respondent is directed to pass appropriate orders on the representations of the petitioners, dated 29.03.2011 respectively, on merits and in accordance with law, after giving notice to the interested parties, if any, within a period of three months from the date of receipt of a copy of this order.
5. With the above direction, this Writ Petition stands disposed of. No costs. Consequently, connected miscellaneous petitions are closed.