(Prayer: Petition filed under Section 11 of the Contempt of Courts Act, 1971, praying to punish the respondent for Contempt for disobeying the order of this Court dated 26.07.2013, made in W.P.No.9353 of 2005.)
1. Mr.M.Arunkumar, Learned Counsel for the Petitioner and Mrs.P.Kavitha, Learned Standing Counsel for the Respondent are present.
2. It is represented on behalf of the Respondent that the Petitioner was so far paid with a total sum of Rs.2,26,343/-.
3. Today, on the side of the Respondent, a Cheque bearing No.272065 dated 30.09.2016 for a sum of Rs.1,14,369/- drawn in favour of the Petitioner is produced and the same is accepted by the Learned Counsel for the Petitioner. The receipt of aforesaid Cheque dated 30.09.2016 for Rs.1,14,369/- is hereby recorded.
4. According to the Learned Counsel for the Petitioner, still there appears to be a sum of Rs.47,661/- is due from the Respondent/Contemnor.
5. At this stage, the Learned Standing Counsel for the Respondent/Contemnor informs this Court that the Petitioner is not entitled to claim any 'Leave Encashment Salary', which fact is not accepted on the side of the Petitioner.
6. Considering the fact that the Respondent/Contemnor had paid a total sum of Rs.3,40,712/- as on date, if any amount remains to be paid by the Respondent/Contemnor, then, this Court, for the present closes the Contempt Petition and grants time to the Petitioner to work out his remedy before the Competent Forum in the manner known to Law and in accordance with Law, if he so desires/advised.
7. In fine, the Contempt Petition is closed.