(Prayer: Civil Revision Petition filed under Article 227 of the Constitution of India, praying this Court to dispose of I.D.O.P.No.115 of 2014, on the file of Ist Additional District Judge, Tirunelveli Within the time frame fixed by this Court.)
1. This revision has been filed seeking for a direction to dispose of I.D.O.P.No.115 of 2014, on the file of Ist Additional District Judge, Tirunelveli Within the time frame fixed by this Court.
2. Heard the learned counsel for the Petitioner and perused the materials available on record.
3. It is seen from the affidavit that the marriage between the Petitioner and respondent was solemnized on 17.06.2005 according to Christian rites and customs. Due to difference of opinion, the respondent herein filed I.D.O.P.No.265 of 2012 before the District Court, Thoothukudi on 02.07.2012. The respondent entered appearance on 07.09.2012 and filed her counter on 22.02.2013. In-spite of counter being filed, the Court below has adjourned the matter from time-to-time for one reason or other. Hence the revision Petitioner has filed the present Civil Revision Petition to dispose of the said I.D.O.P within the time fixed by this Court.
4. Considering the facts and circumstances of the case, considering the fact, that the above said I.D.O.P is pending from the year 2012, this Court is inclined to give suitable direction to the Court below to dispose of the above case, if there is no other impediment to do the same.
5. Accordingly, the I Additional District Court, Thoothukudi is directed to dispose of I.D.O.P.No.265 of 2012 on its file, on merits and in accordance with law, as expeditiously as possible.
6. With the above direction, the Civil Revision Petition is disposed of. No costs.