(Prayer: Writ Petition filed under Article 226 of the Constitution of India for the issuance of Writ of Mandamus, directing the 2nd respondent to disburse the petitioner gratuity, 6-months earn leave Salary, Monthly Pension and also retirement benefits by considering the petitioner's representation dated 12.08.2016.)
1. This petition has been filed, seeking to direct the 2nd respondent to disburse the petitioner gratuity, 6-months earn leave Salary, Monthly Pension and also retirement benefits by considering the petitioner's representation dated 12.08.2016.
2. Heard the learned counsel for the petitioner and the learned Standing Counsel appearing for the respondents.
3. The case of the petitioner is that he worked as Cashier in the respondent company at Sivakasi Branch and disciplinary proceedings were initiated against him for the alleged misappropriation of the amount to the tune of Rs.11,250/-; that he was given compulsory retirement on 08.12.2009 and from that date onwards, the respondents did not disburse the retirement benefits, despite several representations having been given, the last one of which was on 12.08.2016 and finding no other alternative and efficacious remedy, the petitioner has filed this writ petition with the relief stated supra.
4. Learned Standing Counsel appearing for the respondents would submit that the appeal preferred by the petitioner before the 1st respondent herein is still pending and after disposal of the appeal, it is agreeable for the respondents to consider the representation dated 12.08.2016 given by the petitioner and to pass orders thereon within a reasonable time frame.
5. Under such circumstances, this Court, without expressing any opinion on the merits of the matter, directs the 2nd respondent to consider the representation of the petitioner dated 12.08.2016 and to pass orders on the same on merits and in accordance with law within a period of two weeks from the date of disposal of the appeal pending before the 1st respondent.
With the above direction, this Writ Petition is disposed of. No costs.