(Prayer:Writ Petition filed under Article 226 of the Constitution of India, praying this Court to issue a Writ of Mandamus, directing the 1st Respondent to provide necessary information under Right to Information Act, 2005, to the Petitioner by considering his Appeal Petition, dated 18.08.2016, within a time limit fixed by this Court.)
1. Heard both sides.
2. By consent, the main Writ Petition itself is taken up for final disposal.
3. No counter is filed on behalf of Respondents.
4. According to the Petitioner, he had projected an Appeal, on 19.04.2016, before the First Respondent and the same is pending. Further, on 18.08.2016, the Petitioner had filed a fresh Appeal Petition, before the First Respondent and the same is still pending.
5. At this stage, it comes to be known that the Petitioner had projected an earlier occasion W.P.(MD)No.15061 of 2016, before this Court and the same was dismissed as withdrawn, on 17.08.2016.
6. Considering the fact that the Petitioner's Appeal, dated 18.08.2016, is pending on the file of the First Respondent / State Information Commissioner, Chennai, at this stage, this Court, without traversing upon the merits and contents of the Appeal, dated 18.08.2016, projected by the Petitioner, simpliciter, directs the First Respondent, to dispose of the pending Appeal filed by the Petitioner, on merits and in accordance with Law, within a period of six weeks, from the date of receipt of a copy of this order (of-course after providing necessary opportunity to the Petitioner and others concerned, if any, by adhering to the principles of natural justice, in true letter and spirit, by issuing notice to the Petitioner and others concerned, if situation so warrants).
7. With the aforesaid observation(s) and direction(s), the Writ Petition stands disposed of. No costs.