(Prayer: Writ Petition filed under Article 226 of the Constitution of India for issuance of a Writ of Mandamus directing the First Respondent to dispose of the appeal dated 13.04.2016 on the file of the First Respondent, within a stipulated time.)
1. Heard the Learned Counsel for the Petitioner and the Learned Additional Government Pleader for the Respondents.
2. By consent, the writ petition is taken up for final hearing.
3. No Counter affidavit is filed on behalf of the Respondents.
4. The Petitioner has filed the present writ petition praying for passing of an order by this Court in directing the First Respondent to dispose of the Appeal, dated 13.04.2016 lying on the file of the First Respondent/District Revenue Officer, Pudukottai.
5. Considering the fact that the Petitioner's Appeal, dated 13.04.2016, is pending on the file of the First Respondent/District Revenue Officer, Pudukottai, at this stage, this Court, in the interest of Justice and fair play, directs the First Respondent/District Revenue Officer, Pudukottai, to dispose of the pending Appeal of the Petitioner, dated 13.04.2016, within a period of eight weeks from the date of receipt of a copy of this order (Ofcourse, after providing necessary opportunity to the Petitioner and others concerned, if any, by adhering to the Principles of Natural Justice, by issuing notice, if the situation so warrants). The Petitioner is directed to lend his assistance and co-operation, so as to enable the First Respondent to do the needful in his favour, within the time as afore stated.
6. With the aforesaid observations and directions, the writ petition is disposed of. No costs.