(Prayer: Writ Petition is filed under Article 226 of the Constitution of India for the issue of a Writ of Mandamus directing the first respondent to take action against the third respondent for collecting capitation fees from the petitioner for pursuing his B.E.(Mechanical Engineering) for the academic year 2009-2010 and consequently, to direct the third respondent to refund a sum of Rs.1,65,000/- collected from the petitioner as capitation fees.)
1. The petitioner has filed this Writ Petition to direct the third respondent to refund a sum of Rs.1,65,000/- collected from him for giving admission.
2. When the matter was taken up for hearing, during the last session, the learned Counsel appearing for the third respondent agreed to refund a sum of Rs.1,65,000/- to the petitioner. The Learned counsel for the petitioner also agreed to receive the said amount in full and final settlement.
3. When the Writ Petition was taken up for consideration today, learned Counsel for the petitioner submitted that he received the afore-said amount in full quit. He has also made an endorsement to that effect.
4. In view of the subsequent events relating to refund of the amount, nothing survives for adjudication.
5. The Writ Petition is closed, with the above observation. No costs. Consequently, the connected miscellaneous petition is closed.