$~50 * IN THE HIGH COURT OF DELHI AT NEW DELHI Date of decision:
22. 10.2019 + CRL.M.C. 5438/2019 SAVITRI DEVI @SAVITRI TIWARI & ANR ........ Petitioner
s Through: Mr. Naman Raj Thakur and Mr. Anuj Kr. Ranjan, Advs. versus STATE (GOVT. OF NCT DELHI) & ANR Through: Mr. K.K. Ghei, APP for State SI Vijay Pal, PS – Sarojini Nagar R-2 in person ........ RESPONDENTS
CORAM: HON'BLE MR. JUSTICE SURESH KUMAR KAIT JUDGMENT
(ORAL) 1. Vide the present petition, the petitioner seeks direction thereby quashing FIR No.227/2014 dated 18.04.2014, registered at Police Station – Sarojini Nagar and all other proceedings emanating therefrom.
2. Notice issued.
3. Notice is accepted by learned APP for the State.
4. With the consent of the counsel for the parties, the present petition is taken up for final disposal. CRL.M.C. 5438/2019 Page 1 of 3 5. The present petition is filed on the ground that the parties have settled their disputes and the respondent No.2 has no objection if the present petition is allowed.
6. Respondent No.2 is personally present in Court and has been identified by SI Vijay Pal/IO and submits that matter has been settled and she does not wish to prosecute the matter any further.
7. The petitioner and respondent no.2 have entered into an amicable settlement and settled all their disputes in Delhi Mediation Centre, Patiala House Court, New Delhi vide mediation settlement dated 14.05.2019.
8. Learned counsel for the petitioner submits that the petitioner has received the total settlement amount and prays that the present petition may be quashed.
9. Taking into account the aforesaid facts, this Court is inclined to quash the concerned FIR as no useful purpose would be served in prosecuting the petitioners any further.
10. For the reasons afore-recorded, the FIR No.227/2014 dated 18.04.2014, registered at Police Station – Sarojini Nagar and all other proceedings emanating therefrom are hereby quashed. CRL.M.C. 5438/2019 Page 2 of 3 11. The petition is allowed accordingly.
12. Dasti. (SURESH KUMAR KAIT) JUDGE OCTOBER22 2019 PB CRL.M.C. 5438/2019 Page 3 of 3