$~48 * IN THE HIGH COURT OF DELHI AT NEW DELHI Date of decision:
24. 10.2019 + CRL.M.C. 5506/2019 JAI DUTTA @ JAI KISHAN & ORS. ........ Petitioner
Through Mr. G.B. Garg with Mr. Manish Kumar, Advs. versus CORAM: HON'BLE MR. JUSTICE SURESH KUMAR KAIT STATE & ANR. ........ RESPONDENTS
Through Mr. Izhar Ahmed, APP for State Ms. Pooja Gupta, Adv. for R-2 SI Rawat Singh, PS Tilak Nagar ASI Sunil Kumar, PS Khayala JUDGMENT
(ORAL) Crl. M.A. 39152/2019 1.
2. Allowed, subject to all just exceptions. Application is disposed of. CRL.M.C. 5506/2019 3. Vide the present petition, the petitioners seek quashing of FIR No.0240/2016 dated 25.05.2016 registered at Police Station Khyala and consequent proceedings arising therefrom. CRL.M.C. 5506/2019 Page 1 of 3 4.
5. Notice issued. Notice is accepted by learned APP for the State and counsel for the respondent no.2 and with the consent of the counsel for the parties, the present petition is taken up for final disposal.
6. The petitioner no.1 and respondent no.2 got married on 06.12.2014 as per Hindu rites and rituals. One child was born out of the wedlock namely Kavyansh. Due to extreme incompatibilities between the petitioner No.1 and respondent no.2, they started living separately.
7. The petitioners and respondent no.2 with the intervention of their well wishers and relatives have entered into an amicable settlement vide order dated 23.12.2017 before the Delhi Mediation Centre, Tis Hazari Courts, Delhi and settled all their disputes amicably.
8. The complainant is present in person with her counsel and has been identified by SI Rawat Singh of Police Station Tilak Nagar and submits that matter has been settled and she does not wish to prosecute the matter any further.
9. Taking into account the aforesaid facts, this Court is inclined to quash the concerned FIR as no useful purpose would be served in prosecuting the petitioners any further. CRL.M.C. 5506/2019 Page 2 of 3 10. For the reasons afore-recorded, the FIR No.0240/2016 dated 25.05.2016 registered at Police Station Khyala and consequent proceedings emanating therefrom are quashed.
11. The petition is allowed accordingly.
12. Order dasti. (SURESH KUMAR KAIT) JUDGE OCTOBER24 2019 ms CRL.M.C. 5506/2019 Page 3 of 3