$~52 * IN THE HIGH COURT OF DELHI AT NEW DELHI Date of decision:
22. 11.2019 + CRL.M.C. 5937/2019 RAJEEV GUPTA ........ Petitioner
Through Mr. S K Giri, Adv. with petitioner in person versus THE STATE & ANR Through Mr. Panna Lal Sharma, APP for State ........ RESPONDENTS
ASI Ram Niwas, PS Dabri Mr. Sunil Kumar, Adv for R-2 with R-2 in person CORAM: HON'BLE MR. JUSTICE SURESH KUMAR KAIT JUDGMENT
(ORAL) Crl. M.A. 40845/2019 1.
2. Allowed, subject to all just exceptions. Application is disposed of. CRL.M.C.5937/2019 3. Vide the present petition, the petitioners seek quashing of FIR No.311/2014 dated 03.05.2014 registered at Police Station Dabri and consequent proceedings arising therefrom. CRL.M.C.5937/2019 Page 1 of 3 4.
5. Notice issued. Notice is accepted by learned APP for the State and counsel for the respondent no.2 and with the consent of the counsel for the parties, the present petition is taken up for final disposal.
6. With the consent of the counsel for the parties, the present petition is taken up for final disposal.
7. Learned APP for the State submits that a quarrel between the parties over some money dispute led to registration of the afore mentioned FIR. The present petition has been instituted on the ground that with the intervention of the elderly and respectable persons of the society, the parties have settled their disputes and the respondent No.2 has no objection if the present petition is allowed.
8. Respondent No.2 is personally present in Court with learned counsel and has been identified by ASI Ram Niwas and submits that matter has been settled and she does not wish to prosecute the matter any further.
9. Taking into account the aforesaid facts, this Court is inclined to quash the concerned FIR as no useful purpose would be served in prosecuting the petitioner any further. CRL.M.C.5937/2019 Page 2 of 3 10. For the reasons afore-recorded, the FIR No.311/2014 dated 03.05.2014 registered at Police Station Dabri and consequent proceedings arising therefrom are quashed.
11. The petition is allowed accordingly. Order dasti (SURESH KUMAR KAIT) JUDGE NOVEMBER22 2019 sm CRL.M.C.5937/2019 Page 3 of 3