$~58 * + IN THE HIGH COURT OF DELHI AT NEW DELHI CRL.M.C. 5954/2019 Date of decision:22.11.2019 PRADEEP & ORS ........ Petitioner
s Through: Mr. B.S. Chowdhary, Adv. with petitioners in person versus STATE & ORS ........ RESPONDENTS
Through: Mr. K.K. Ghei, APP for State with Inspector Gulshan Kumar, PS – Sultan Puri Respondent Nos. 2 and 3 in person CORAM: HON'BLE MR. JUSTICE SURESH KUMAR KAIT JUDGMENT
(ORAL) CRL. M.A. 40891/2019 1.
2. Allowed, subject to all just exceptions. Application is disposed of. CRL.M.C. 5954/2019 3. Vide the present petition, the petitioner seeks direction thereby quashing FIR No.191/2007 dated 07.02.2007 registered at Police Station – Sultan Puri and all other proceedings emanating therefrom.
4. Notice issued.
5. Notice is accepted by learned APP for the State. CRL.M.C. 5954/2019 Page 1 of 3 6. With the consent of the counsel for the parties, the present petition is taken up for final disposal.
7. The present petition is filed on the ground that the parties have settled their disputes and the respondent Nos. 2 and 3 have no objection if the present petition is allowed.
8. Respondent Nos. 2 and 3 are personally present in Court and they have been identified by Inspector Gulshan Kumar, PS – Sultan Puri/IO and submits that matter has been settled and she does not wish to prosecute the matter any further.
9. The petitioners and respondent no.2 have entered into an amicable settlement vide settlement deed dated 02.11.2019.
10. Learned counsel for the petitioner prays that the present FIR bearing No.191/2007 may be quashed.
11. Taking into account the aforesaid facts, this Court is inclined to quash the concerned FIR as no useful purpose would be served in prosecuting the petitioners any further.
12. For the reasons afore-recorded, the FIR No.191/2007 dated 07.02.2007 registered at Police Station – Sultan Puri and all other CRL.M.C. 5954/2019 Page 2 of 3 proceedings emanating therefrom are hereby quashed.
13. The petition is allowed accordingly.
14. Dasti. (SURESH KUMAR KAIT) JUDGE NOVEMBER22 2019 PB CRL.M.C. 5954/2019 Page 3 of 3