NON-REPORTABLE IN THE SUPREME COURT OF INDIA CIVIL APPELLATE JURISDICTION CIVIL APPEAL No.10175 OF2016[@ SPECIAL LEAVE PETITION (C) No.4896 OF2016]. HINDUSTAN AERONAUTICS LTD. Appellant(s) VERSUS STATE OF U.P AND ORS. Respondent(s)
1. Leave granted.
2. The appellant is before this Court, aggrieved by the interim order dated 13.01.2016 in Writ Tax No.24 of 2016 on the file of the High Court of judicature at Allahabad.
3. By interim order dated 26.02.2016, we directed the parties to maintain status quo with regard to demand until further orders.
4. In the nature of the contention taken between the parties, we are of the view that it will be in the fitness of things that the High Court disposes of the Writ Petition expeditiously.
5. Therefore, this appeal is disposed of with a request to the High Court to dispose of Writ Tax No.24 of 2016 expeditiously and preferably within one year.
6. Till the Writ Petition is finally disposed of by the High Court, the interim order granted by this Court on 26.02.2016 shall continue to operate. No costs. .......................J.
[ KURIAN JOSEPH ]. .......................J.
[ ROHINTON FALI NARIMAN ]. New Delhi; October 17, 2016.