B.B. Ghose, J.
1. This is a Reference by the Additional Sessions Judge of Hughli, recommending that an order passed under Section 147 of the Criminal Procedure Code, should be set aside.
2. The dispute, between the parties was with regard to the performance of the puja of an idol. There was no dispute as regards the temple or any land belonging to the idol. The whole question in controversy is whether the right claimed by the first party is a right of user of any land as explained in Section 145, Sub-section 6 C.W.N. 548 of the Criminal Procedure Code. The right is alleged to be a right to go upon the temple and to perform the puja and to take a portion of the offerings made to the idol.
3. The learned Sessions Judge is of opinion that this right is not included within the words 'right of user of any land.' He refers to a decision of this Court in the case of Guiram Ghosal v. Lal Bekari Das  37 Cal. 578, in support of his conclusion.
4. It is contended on behalf of the first party that that decision proceeded upon the ground that the expression 'land' was not defined in Section 145 of the Criminal Procedure Code as it then stood and that now that it has been especially enacted that it includes a 'building' under the newly added Sub-section 6 C.W.N. 548 of Section 145, the authority of that case is no longer in force. However that may be, it seems to me that the right to perform the puja of the idol or to have a share of the offerings made to the idol cannot be said to be a right of user of any land, as provided in Section 145, of the Criminal Procedure Code, and therefore, the present dispute cannot be considered to be one coming under the provisions of that section.
5. On this ground I will accept the Reference and set aside the order of the Magistrate in favour of the 1st party.
6. If there is such a dispute between the parties, which the Magistrate considers may lead to any breach of the peace, he may take such steps he considers necessary under Section 107, of the Criminal Procedure Code.
7. The order for payment of costs is set aside, and the costs, if paid, will be refunded.
8. I agree.